For a long time J1772 / Type 1 connectors have been the norm for both electric vehicle and chargers within Australia and NZ.
However this is now changing and Type 2 / Mennekes is now the go for many of the late model cars. The issue for these new car owners is that there are many (many!) charging stations which use the J1772 standard which you cannot natively take advantage of.
Have a look at Plugshare map pic as an example of just how many J1772 charging stations available in your area!
Thankfully we have the answer with this incredibly useful J1772 to Tesla (Mennenkes) adapter cable. With this cable you can literally rock up to any J1772 charging station and start charging!
Simply insert the J1772 nozzle in one end the and the other in your EV and you will be able to charge at up to 7.6kw or 30-40 kms of range per hour. Beautie!
Once you've bought one of these you'll be wondering how you ever managed without it!
Note, unlike many other converters, these units will charge at the full 32amps irrespective of if you have single or dual chargers in your Tesla.
Why Order From us?
- 'Fast and Free' Shipping to anywhere in Australia * min order $99
- 12 months warranty
- 100% Australian Owned - Support Us to Support Other Locals
- 100% Positive Testimonials and Feedback
- Expert, relevant and local support
- Responsible Supplier (ERAC Registered)
- All products in stock in our warehouse ready for despatch (be wary of those who carry ZERO stock!)
- All products RCM and NZ Worksafe
- Not just a cable reseller! Educated, Experienced and Qualified Experts;-)
Type 1 to Type 2 Adaptor (EV J1772 to Mennekes) 1m
Description and Features
- SAE J1772 (Type 1) Socket to Mennekes / IEC 62196 (Type 2) Cable.
- Premium and Robust Product
- 1 metre in length
- Capable of providing up to 32amps of current or 30-40km of charge per hour
- Flexible cable even at low temperatures
- 12 months warranty
Compatible with all Type 2 / Mennekes equipped vehicles as listed below:
Kia Soul EV
Mercedes Benz C350 e & B250 e
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera Hybrid
Renault Kangoo ZE & Fluence
VW Golf GTE & E
Tesla Model 3, S & X
Renault Zoe & Kangoo ZE