Zappi Install Configuration Guide – CT clamp and Harvi Requirements
Find out how many CT clamps and harvis are required for your home
Do I need additional myenergi CT Clamps?
In most cases, everything you need for the Zappi or Eddi to do it's thing is in the box! You won't need additional CT clamps or the harvi or the hub product.
That said, the variables relevant to the hardware requirements for specific zappi installs are your property power supply, PV supply and battery. Each of these will become data points for the Zappi to work with via CT clamps.
CT inputs and your Zappi
All Zappi models allow up to 3 CT inputs hardwired directly into the device. Where there are more CT Inputs needed for your installation setup, a Harvi is used to gather that data from the CT inputs and wirelessly send it to the Zappi. NOTE each Harvi also has a max of 3 CT inputs.
If you want Zappi or Eddi to monitor your home battery or solar
Each Zappi & Eddi will come with the relevant quantity of CTs to measure the current coming from your grid power and enable surplus energy charging to your car. Additional CTs are required to measure the current transfer from the solar and battery when used so you can monitor this data directly from the Zappi device or via the Myenergi app.
The following table is a flow-chart that will advise as to the additional hardware required for specific
Hot CT Clamp tips:
1. We often find customers want to monitor solar generation data within the Myenergi app. For the single phase Zappi & PV you'll just need an additional CT clamp for $49, totally worth it! Reference the table above for more options.
2. If you have a single phase Zappi and also have an AC Tesla powerwall then again you will only need an additional CT clamp for you to have the control avoid charge or avoid discharge of your battery. Again, totally worth the extra $49! Ref the table above more options.
3. CT clamps have a 5m cable however these can be extended via ethernet CAT 6 cabling up to 100m distance. This is the recommended option wherever possible. the Harvi device has a wireless range of up to 25m, as long as there are no major obstacles in between Harvi and Zappi device, this option can sometimes be used in lieu of extending CTs via ethernet.
4. A CT clamp can also be used to monitor a load or specific circuit within the home. Once installed, set the CT type to Monitor. NOTE: Monitor function is only applicable to hardwired CTs ie not CTs connected to a Harvi.
5. Last and most important! CT Clamp install & configuration is critical for the Myenergi eco system to function as intended. Your installer must configure and install CTs correctly for accurate measurement of energy flows and information to be gathered and sent to the devices. If they are not being used in the installation, CT configuration must be set to None within the device to avoid errors in functionality.
Is a hub required for zappi to operate?
Not really. The separate MyEnergi Hub is an optional extra that provides internet connectivity for V2.0 Zappi and V1.0 Eddi. This facilitates firmware updates via your home internet and remote management via the Myenergi app.
The Zappi & Eddi V2.1 have inbuilt wifi & ethernet hub access which allows connectivity to the Myenergi app directly and so an additional external hub is not required.
IMPORTANT: The MyEnergi smartphone app is only accessible when a Zappi is connected to a Hub be it internal or external.
What next? Simply add items to cart from the selection below prior to checking out with your Zappi and/or Eddi.
Last tip: while any electrician can install a zappi, we always recommend an accredited, trained and trusted installer (like EVolution) performs the work for you! Installation instructions must be followed correctly and Myenergi Australia can provide additional support materials via www.myenergi.com/au